Saturday, October 30, 2010

Live Like This

My birthday led me to Panama, via Huston International Airport, where I had 16 minutes to run from my LA arrival gate to to my Panama departure gate, which was in another terminal. Glowing with sweat, I breathed a sigh and thanked my body for being strong enough to do this kind of thing when I asked it to.

Before I knew it, I was united in Panama with a "family" I had yet to meet. There were twelve of us. We were all drawn to the promise of whales and dolphins.














It was a bit surreal, having said yes to this adventure, then knowing that what I needed most was just to float, literally and figuratively. I just went with the flow, no matter what the situation.  I didn't speak a lot, spending more time just feeling and being. This is definitely the way I want to live, saying YES to adventures that speak to my soul the way this one did. It was everything I hoped it would be.

No comments: