Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just For The Love Of It

I have been creating. This week it has been jingle bell necklaces on yarn for all the kids at school, gemstone earrings, bellychains and chokers. When I make stuff, like candles, therapeutic oils,  and gate pulls, I can't really imagine a feeling of satisfaction from selling them, it is the thought of giving freely that thrills me. I think I'm turning into Santa Clause.  I can imagine a world where we trade from our heart, our creative endeavors, our true selves and give back in appreciation for the gifts given to an individual that are meant to be shared. I find it rather funny actually, that we put so much power behind the dollar, when it's really just a silly piece of paper. And like I said, it just doesn't thrill me.

So, this week, I make things to give, trusting that the trade value will be fair. If nothing else, I am racking up (or paying back) some serious karma. On that note, I win every time, for the joy of giving warms me like nothing else. Ho Ho Ho.

2 comments:

Mere said...

i love you and wish that some day i am just as creative as you....you inspire me and i feel the same way about money. it is quite a silly thing...i can imagine a world without money and we simply trade like the native americans did, or any other culture of the past..can not wait to see you and your creations....love you lots and can wait to work beside you

it is kind as worm said...

open a shelley store!!!!