Monday, July 12, 2010

New Moon

Hey! The June gloom has really dragged me down along with my supply of Kombucha being abruptly cut off from Whole Foods. I weathered a two day headache and some really dark depression before I decided to sample some of my fizzy vinegar home brew. Whether it is an addiction or a cure, I love kombucha ( an ancient chinese recipie of tea, sugar and a blob of yeast that upon sitting in a glass container for a few weeks, turns the tea into a fermented primordial soup of amino acids, probiotics, enzymes, detoxifyers and a rather interesting life changing beverage, if I do say so.) So now, cloudy or sunny, I am happy again.

Here are the highlights since the solstice:

The power of attracting what you want led me to a very fossily looking rock or two on the beach after the full moon.

I also found an egg.

I'll let you know what the experts say. I have been saying out loud to whom ever can hear me for years and years now that I want to find fossils. It took a few years to really catch and hold, but now I have found many. Mostly small, oyster shell sandstone from our mountains, about 60 million years old, but it all excites me! These are my first BIG ONES!

While Tom was working in Monterey, I took the kids to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Their favorite thing this time was the five new baby sea turtles.

 I let them experiment with dipping different things into chocolate at lunch.

carrots, celery, french fries, crackers and of course, strawberries. Hey, it's summer!

The fouth of July brought me a very severe case of June Gloom depression and a really bad two-day headache.

After my two day headache and my miracle kombucha cure- it literally took the headache that Ibuprofen couldn't touch away in about one hour- I had a new easy going feeling and just refused to get stressed out about days full of scheduled activities.  This was really good because Friday was a crazy one.

 I arranged for a babysitter for Kieran and Aidan, went to breakfast with my sister, her friend and her friend's scholarship earning-volleyball playing-soon to be freshman Notre Dame attending-daughter and Quinlan, my step daughter, who will also be an ND freshman, so we could introduce the two SB/ND girls. That went well, but was followed by the drop off of my beloved niece and nephew, Nick and Claire, who came to play for the day.

We went to lunch, chased lunch with a quick nap by me, then I was off to the chiropractor to make sure all was well with my neck and spine, post headache.

I had Quinlan babysitting. After dropping Nick and Claire back to their house, I rushed Kieran to her five o'clock Saxophone lesson. She has a concert next week. She's actually really good. To test my relaxation, I will share that the thirty minute lesson went over by seven minutes and I was supposed to go home, pack a bag and drive across town to meet my girlfriends by six.
Before long, Jill was joining in followed by me- I can't be left out of such frivolity.  My leap didn't end well. It ended in me limping and wincing to the car, with yet another swollen, discolored ankle to add to my fat ankle collection. But, I'll tell you, I'm still relaxed. Still at peace as I sit here sipping my homebrew kombucha.

1 comment:

Lucia said...

oh honey, i feel your (ankle) pain - sounds like it was worth it though. loved loved loved the pix of you guys on the beach and of your kids dipping stuff in chocolate. and your FOSSILS! 60 million years and counting, makes one feel so small and yet so infinite...
hope that june gloom is gone (now we have it here on the eastco) and summer is here to stay. xo, Lucia