Monday, June 21, 2010

Solstice





 I really need to thank my friend, David Sylvester. He has chosen to live in such a way that inspires me deeply. Since 2001, he has ridden his bicycle across the US twice, spanned the African continent from Cairo to Capetown, peddled across Asia, through much of the former Soviet Union all the way into Beijing, and aspires to  move himself to every available region on the planet, I suspect.

David's adventures will be available to re-live when his book, Traveling at the Speed of Life, is published in the near future. I have had the privilege to read many chapters and love the way he connects with the people he encounters, no matter their culture of origin or barrier of language. He thrives on human interaction and the feeling of wind on his body created solely from moving the pedals of his bicycle. He says he doesn't bike to race, he bikes because he loves where it takes him.

After reading so many of David's chapters, I began to feel trapped. I wanted experiences like these. Then, since timing is everything, the Panama Whale Adventure came at the perfect time.  In honor of myself, and my children for whom I want to model a spirit of adventure, I have sent in my deposit for a week in Panama's Pearl Islands, beginning on September 25th, my 42nd birthday. Thank you to all my family and friends who support me in this life of adventure. Thank you Denise, for your encouraging comment from my last blog. I want this experience and much more.

I am going to need help though. If you would like to support me in making this dream happen, I would encourage you to buy a Shelley creation. I have been making therapeutic belly chains for many years now. They have helped many people in many ways. Last summer I made one for a friend who had been trying to conceive for quite a while (possibly a year). It was a chain with stones to aid in fertility, conception, and pregnancy. She became pregnant within two months and delivered twins in May. 
Belly chains can be created for any issue, or in any color family. My intuition is very good, if you would like to just trust me.  The cost for chakra-specific or custom chains are $95-145.

I make oils for the body. They are jojoba based with specific essential oils and therapeutic gemstones for different properties. They soften and heal the skin and infuse loving energy into to the aura. I have gone through many many ounces and know you will love these! $20.

I make soy wax candles in the same way I make oils, using therapeutic essential oils and gemstone crystals that get kerplunked right into the wax.  They are clean burning, long burning, pretty candles. I include a hand painted box of wooded matches with each candle. $14,24, 34 for 4, 8 and 12 oz. sizes.

I can make simple gemstone drop earrings ($15), just specify a color or stone you might want. I also make wire hoop earrings with gemstone drops ($20.)

Leather bracelets with sterling silver wire, clasps and gemstones ($30). 

And check my website for my book and cards.

If you would like to support me by purchasing anything, go to my site:

www.shelleysbellys.com

 e-mail me with specific requests, or just leave it in the comments section!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Shelley's creations...they are beautiful as well as therapeutic, made with generous intentions and the purest form of sweet love. She is amazingly talented! I recommend her hand-made jewelry, of which I have a number of pieces myself. I also love her candles and oils. Treat yourself!! ~KK