Monday, March 01, 2010

My Friend

I have a friend, David, whom I've never actually met. My sister, Stephanie met him in an airport gift shop. He was one of "those people" whom you just know, even though you don't know. I knew, the first time I read a chapter of the book he was presenting to a publisher in Santa Barbara that he was someone important to me. I knew he was exceptional and I was in a position to be friend to an angel incarnate. No pressure, David, angels in human bodies are supposed to fuck up and be real. I e-mailed him as "Stephanie's sister" and we have become friends, talking now and again, e-mailing and texting. David has been sending me chapters of his book, for me to read and feel, while he is editing. Each chapter he has sent has lead me to a different emotion, a different experience and a different theme to ponder. I am reading one of the most important books of my life and it hasn't even been published yet. I can't believe how lucky I am to have this new/old friend who trusts me enough to share this precious work. It is beautiful, thought provoking, eloquently written and timely. My friend's book is called Traveling at the Speed of Life. You are going to want to read it too. It is that good.

www.Contibute2.org is David's official site if you would like to check it out.

No comments: