Friday, May 07, 2010

Joy

I can't help it. I have been sick since this time last week, and yet I feel joy. Even with my sinuses full of mucus, my eyes red and oozing, my snorting cough enough to drive my husband to the couch at night, I feel joy. Could it be the bright blue sky? The green mountains, the warm breeze? I can't really explain it, only that I have succumb to my emotions, what ever they might be, and they happen to be joyous, even though I have been sick and even though I am tiered, Joy fills my heart.

I had a reiki session today with Krista, JOY. I am making dinner tonight for the Taylors, Quinlan's boyfriend's parents, JOY. I am looking forward to squeezing my nieces, Mere and Brit, home from college for the summer, JOY. I look forward to editing a movie of Kieran and her two friends that we filmed last week, JOY. I want to make leather, bejeweled cuffs galore, JOY. I have been sleeping and napping like it is heaven on earth, JOY. What's with me? JOY. I just can't explain it. It's freakish.

The kids and I watched a program on Nat Geo last night on THE KNOWN UNIVERSE. It was mind expanding to say the least. There is so much more to the universe than we first thought. It keeps getting better and better. JOY. I will leave you with some images that make my heart soar.

No comments: