Thursday, April 29, 2010

How I Do It All

How do I do it all? Create beautiful gemstone jewelry, handcraft essential oil and gemstone candles with beautiful labels and matchboxes, paint pins for kids, work 4.5 hours a week as lunch lady and volunteer another two hours in first and fourth grade classrooms, shop, cook, pay bills, maintain my fit figure and beautifully colored hair, maintain my tidy house?  I don't. I can't do it all. I have to pick and choose every day. My house is frequently a pit. My roots are long and grey. My garage is overflowing with crap. I choose art and artistic endeavors because they make me happy. I think it is important for my sanity to do things that make me happy. I also don't think kids grow up remembering how neat their house was (in a good way). You never hear someone's life being celebrated by the cleanliness of their house.  So I steal my precious moments doing things I love, like making films of Kieran and her friends, reading with Aidan, napping, meditating, creating, listening to my inner voices that flood me with ideas while I am showering or trying to sleep.

I guess I have been doing too much though, for today I am sick. sick. sick.

1 comment:

Me said...

Perhaps you do need to clean in order to eliminate the "sick" germs from the house.

Just sayin'