Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Gut Feeling (Solar Plexus Chakra)


I've noticed that my gut feelings are getting harder to ignore. I had one recently that wouldn't let up. It caused me great discomfort. Until I acted on it, I was tortured. I won't tell you what it was, but what I will tell you is that my gut feeling made me do something I didn't want to do. It was an uncomfortable thing. After I did it, the feeling went away. I always trust my gut now. It doesn't steer me whong. I don't think.

The third chakra is called Manipura. It is located between the navel and the sternum and relates to the element of fire. Manipura represents our internal sun, or solar plexus. Its color is yellow and it governs the sense of sight. It relates energetically to the spleen, stomach, liver, gallbladder, midback, diaphragm,and kidneys. The solar plexus is the seat of empowerment or control over one's life, self acceptance and inner harmony. It represents the beginning of psychic perception as it finds its impression as a "gut reaction". One who's energies are well integrated experiences a healthy appetite with good physical digestion and a healthy metabolism, knowing a sense of comfort with the universe and a well defined sense of right and wrong.

Emotional Dysfunctions: need to be in control, oversensitive to criticism, addictive personality, aggressiveness and low self esteem.
Physical Dysfunctions: stomach ulcers, fatigue, weight around the stomach, allergies, diabetes.
Associated Body Parts: digestive system, muscles, adrenal glands and pancreas.
Functional Archetype: spiritual warrior
Dysfunctional Archetype: drudge
Goals: purpose, effectiveness, endurance, self respect.
Life Lesson: self esteem/self confidence, the courage to take risks, to BE.
Main Issue: personal power, self will.

The third chakra belly chain is made with mostly citrine. I add a few other stones depending on the individual, but citrine is the mainstay of manipura. Citrine is a powerful cleanser and regenerator, carrying the power of the sun. It is warming, regenerating, creative, cleansing and protective. Citrine absorbs, transmutes, dissipates and grounds negative energy. It has the ability to cleanse all the chakras but especially the solar plexus, or navel, chakra. It activates the crown chakra and opens the intuition. Citrine is a stone of abundance. It raises self esteem and self confidence and removes destructive tendencies. It encourages acting on constructive criticism, helps development of a positive attitude and looking forward optimistically, going with the flow, instead of hanging on to the past. Citrine promotes joy in life.

No comments: