Thursday, April 06, 2006

Your Heart Knows (Heart Chakra)



I picked up a journal last night into which I had written to my babies while they were still in utero. Both pregnancies resulted in pre-term labor, which meant bed rest for me in the third trimester. When I was five months pregnant with my second child, a few days after we came up with the name, my labor started. In my journal I wrote, "since the moment you were conceived, I have felt you were a boy baby. I imagine you sweet with brown eyes and blonde hair. I think we have decided your name is Aidan." A sob came out of me as my heart swelled with love for the angel who sat next to me sucking his tounge and holding his "lee-lee" (blanket). I was right. My baby is a blonde haired, brown eyed boy who has love overflowing from his every gesture. He is kind and friendly to everyone he sees and tells me multiple times a day, out of the blue, "mommy, I loves you.". I knew this child before I saw him. I feel like we have loved each other far longer than the three years he has been alive.

The fourth chakra is called Anahata. It means, the pure sound of creation. It is located in the mid chest and expresses its gentle energy through the vibrations of pink and green. Its elment is air. Physically, Anahata governs the thymus gland, heart, blood vessels, bronci, lower lungs, ribs, upper back, skin, hands, immune system and sense of touch. The heart chakra is the pivotal point in the energy system and the seat of unconditional love; the crucible through which celestial energy and lower energies unite. A healthy heart chakra enables one to give and receive love in all its forms. To love unconditionally is crucial to our ability to thrive on a physical plane. Empathy and compassion are the first steps toward the development of a higher consciousness.

Emotional Dysfunctions: co-depedency, melancholia, fears concerning lonliness, commitment and/or betrayal.
Physical Dysfunctions: shallow breathing, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease.
Associated body parts: heart, lungs, chest, circulation.
Functional Archetype: lover
Dysfunctional Archetype: performer
Societal Association: unconditional acceptance of others.
Goals: balance, compassion, self acceptance.
Life Lesson: forgiveness and compassion for oneself and others.

The fourth chakra belly chains contain a variety of stones that resonate with this part of the body. They can be worn closer to the heart as a long or short necklace, or used as they are needed during meditation, resting on the chest. A complete description of the properties of the stones comes with the purchase of each belly chain.

No comments: